Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pruning Trees & Maintaining Equipment

Getting ready for the new CSA season means fixing stuff. Yesterday I came back from a really tough bicycle ride with one of my cycling teammates. I cut the ride a bit short because I felt a stomach bug coming on. It did come on but not full force which is good.

Anyway, I did muster the strength to get down to the garden and prune an apple tree. I also exchanged the too long mower blades for the right size and took the front wheel of the mower off to reset the tire, which was flat. I'm going to have to take that into Elwood Tire to have Ron do that. I just don't have the tools for it, or the skillz.

It is nice to see the days beginning to get a bit longer and some sunshine. I will be starting some artichokes and some peppers indoors tomorrow, which is the 8 week point from our April 15th last day of frost.

No comments: